Fertility and Pregnancy
Duration: 4 weeks
Help your patients use foods and nutrition to assist in conceiving and achieving good pregnancy outcomes.
Understand the role of food and nutrition in fertility and pregnancy
On this course for healthcare professionals, you will explore the latest evidence surrounding the role of nutrition on fertility and pregnancy outcomes. You will focus on two main topics: foods and fertility, and foods and pregnancy.
Foods and fertility will focus on optimising nutrition for fertility and pre-conception, including topics like the effect of food on reproductive health and dietary recommendations to improve fertility. Foods and Pregnancy will explore topics including requirements during pregnancy, and optimising gestational weight gain.
What topics will you cover?
- The link between food and fertility
- The effect of preconception food and diet
- Weight and fertility
- Dietary recommendations to improve ovulation and fertility
- The physiology of pregnancy and nutrient metabolism
- Weight management during pregnancy
- Nutrient requirements during pregnancy
- Food recommendations during pregnancy
nutritank. members get an exclusive offer to buy 3 courses for th price of 2.
INSTRUCTIONS TO GAIN 3RD COURSE FOR FREE
Accessing the healthcare professional Food as Medicine courses discount: 3-for-2: pay for 2 courses and receive complimentary access to a third course of your choice.
Monash Nutrition (The Department of Nutrition, Dietetics and Food, Monash University) is delighted to provide Nutritank members a 3-for-2 offer on the suite Food as Medicine courses for healthcare professionals. To receive a complimentary third Using Food as Medicine in Healthcare Practice course please complete the following steps:
1. Complete two of the premium (for-fee) Food as Medicine courses (Food and Inflammation; Food, Fertility and Pregnancy; Food, Exercise and the Gut; Food and our Genome; or Talking about Weight).
2. Email [email protected] requesting complimentary access to the third course. Please specify the following:
a. Place in the email Subject Line: Nutritank Food as Medicine discount
b. List the two courses you have already paid for
c. List the third course you would like to join and which start date in the year you would like.
d. Copy and paste the URL from your Future Learn profile in the email
Once we have received your email, and confirmed payment of two for-fee Food as Medicine courses, you will receive an email confirming your enrolment in the third course. Please note your access to the course will begin on the start date for the course.
(CPD must not be older than three years prior to the exam)