Food and Inflammation
Duration: 4 weeks
Understand how food and nutrition relates to inflammation with this course for healthcare professionals.
Learn how to answer questions related to inflammation and disease, and food
On this course, designed specially for healthcare professionals, get an introduction to current evidence surrounding the impact of nutrition and foods on development and treatment of chronic low-grade inflammation, and potential subsequent disease development
Designed by experts in food, nutrition and genetics from Monash University, and featuring input from General Practitioners and nurses this course will give you up to date information on inflammation and health, and help you to help your patients incorporate foods with potential anti-inflammatory properties into their diet.
What topics will you cover?
- Inflammation and health
- Metabolic inflammation
- Inflammation and non-communicable disease
- Inflammation and nutrition recommendations
- Providing practical recommendations to patients regarding inflammation and diet
What will you achieve?
- Discuss how inflammation is involved in disease development and progression.
- Evaluate the complexity and variability of inflammatory responses in non-communicable diseases.
- Describe the role of nutrition for optimising management of low-grade chronic inflammation.
- Discuss the complex interplay between nutrition, immune function and inflammation, and how this translates to using a whole-diet approach when providing dietary recommendations.
- Engage effectively with patients and respond to common nutrition and inflammation related questions.
nutritank. members get an exclusive offer to buy 3 courses for th price of 2.
INSTRUCTIONS TO GAIN 3RD COURSE FOR FREE
Accessing the healthcare professional Food as Medicine courses discount: 3-for-2: pay for 2 courses and receive complimentary access to a third course of your choice.
Monash Nutrition (The Department of Nutrition, Dietetics and Food, Monash University) is delighted to provide Nutritank members a 3-for-2 offer on the suite Food as Medicine courses for healthcare professionals. To receive a complimentary third Using Food as Medicine in Healthcare Practice course please complete the following steps:
1. Complete two of the premium (for-fee) Food as Medicine courses (Food and Inflammation; Food, Fertility and Pregnancy; Food, Exercise and the Gut; Food and our Genome; or Talking about Weight).
2. Email firstname.lastname@example.org requesting complimentary access to the third course. Please specify the following:
a. Place in the email Subject Line: Nutritank Food as Medicine discount
b. List the two courses you have already paid for
c. List the third course you would like to join and which start date in the year you would like.
d. Copy and paste the URL from your Future Learn profile in the email
Once we have received your email, and confirmed payment of two for-fee Food as Medicine courses, you will receive an email confirming your enrolment in the third course. Please note your access to the course will begin on the start date for the course.
(CPD must not be older than three years prior to the exam)